A few days after Davy celebrated his milestone birthday, Ma ma had one of her own.
The big 60.
And of course the day couldn't pass without her being inundated by some grandies and of course cake!!
Into town for a birthday lunch followed by cake in the park, YAY!
It was nice to see that this relationship had turned a corner for the better....
La chatting to Old Pa about the old days
We marked this momentous occasion with a bit of a shin dig on the weekend following. Pa had a vision and a dream of a party with a difference and with the help of us kids it became a reality. A nice casual affair with Ma ma nowhere near the kitchen and a bit of light hearted entertainment.....the Heinrich Family Variety 1/2 Hr was born!
As Relle and I were on catering & waitressing duty for the evening, I have no pictures of the party but I do have a pic of the birthday cake, as made by me!
First attempt working with fondant, somewhat slightly pleased with myself!
Safe to say 'like mother like daughter' in this department!





No comments:
Post a Comment